Monday, December 15, 2008

Do you know what a mandamus is?

Okay, I'll admit it. I was feeling pretty cocky after my first few days studying the law. It just wasn't all that hard. A little light reading and some critical thinking. No problem.

Then I sat down to breeze through Marbury v. Madison.

It sucked. It made absolutely no sense to me. I even downloaded a different copy to make sure I wasn't getting punked. I knew it was going to be bad after the very first paragraph, when I had to ask Amos what the hell a "mandamus" was.

I quit after about 30 minutes. It's going to take me at least a few days to grind this one out.

On the bright side this is exactly why I started learning the law now instead of waiting until I actually got to law school. My gut told me I wasn't ready to read material this dense. Chalk another one up for my gut.

At least I don't have to worry about writing, since I are so good at it.

No comments: